Moving from mainland to Hawaii can be one of the best decisions you ever make. The Aloha island is one of the most magnificent places on earth. In fact, more than 10 million tourists visit Hawaii every year before the pandemic.
Moving from Mainland to Hawaii means you’ll no longer be a visitor on the island, you’ll enjoy living in one of the best places on earth as a local. From swimming to rock climbing, camping, and off-road tours the number of things you can do to have fun in Hawaii is endless.
If you’re wondering if moving from mainland to Hawaii is right for you or not, check out why millions of people visit the island every year.
Reasons why moving from mainland to Hawaii is awesome
Here’s why you shouldn’t miss out on moving from mainland to Hawaii:
- You’ll be living in one of the biggest tourist attractions on earth
- The island is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world
- Hawaii’s weather is awesome throughout the year
- The number of things you can do to have fun in Hawaii is endless
- If you love swimming, surfing and other water related recreations, Aloha!
- Hawaiians are friendly and hospitable
- You won’t have to rush to do anything anymore
- Hawaii is home to 5 National Parks
- There are approximately 1,137 mountains in Hawaii
- Hawaii is home to five volcanoes
- Hawaii is home to more than a hundred beaches
Quick stats to know about Hawaii
Here are some of the key things worth knowing about the Aloha state if you’re moving from mainland to Hawaii:
- The island gets zero inches of snow in a year
- It’s the only state in the country with two official languages; Hawaiian and English.
- The island gets 240 sunny days per year on average
- Tourism is still the largest industry in the Aloha state
- Surfing was invented in Hawaii
- There are lots of housing options in Hawaii
What are the top industries in Hawaii?
Hawaii’s economy is powered by several leading industries. Moving from mainland to Hawaii could mean working or investing in any of these industries. Here’s a list of the leading industries in Hawaii:
- Fishing Industry
What’s the median salary on the island?
If you’re interested in getting a job on the island after moving from mainland to Hawaii, what’s the average amount of money you can earn? Let’s take a look at the average income and salary in the state:
- Hawaii’s minimum wage is $10.10 per hour
- Average monthly pay for average jobs on the island is $6,164
- Average weekly pay for average jobs on the island is $1,423
- Average hourly pay for average jobs on the island is $35.56
- Average annual pay for the average job in Hawaii is $73,973
How much will you pay in taxes in Hawaii?
Since you’re moving from mainland to Hawaii, the amount of money you’ll pay in taxes may be different from the state you’re moving from. Here’s what to expect in taxes in Hawaii:
- Hawaii’s property tax is 0.28% average effective rate
- Gas tax in Hawaii is 16 cents per gallon of regular diesel and gasoline
- Hawaii’s general excise tax (GET) is 4% – 4.50%
- The income tax in Hawaii is 1.40% – 11%
- The sales tax in Hawaii is 0%